Gallup identified 12 key elements for effective staff management over 20 years ago, and they have continued to research and re-validate them regularly. The key is that managers must stay focussed on employees’ needs, especially so in difficult times.
Specifically, employees must be able to say:
- I know what is expected of me at work.
- I have the materials and equipment I need to do my work right.
- At work, I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day.
- In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for doing good work.
- My supervisor, or someone at work, seems to care about me as a person.
- There is someone at work who encourages my development.
- At work, my opinions seem to count.
- The mission or purpose of my organisation makes me feel my job is important.
- My associates or fellow employees are committed to doing quality work.
- I have a best friend at work.
- In the last six months, someone at work has talked to me about my progress.
- This last year, I have had opportunities at work to learn and grow.
Hur många kan du pricka av ?